NCU Partnership with UO Duckstore Textbook Program
Northwest Christian University has developed a partnership with UO Duckstore to provide textbooks for our students. The UO Duckstore is a great resource for our students, and provides the ease of either ordering books at the bookstore or on-line.
Another great value through the bookstore is the availability of textbooks on a rental basis. This is especially beneficial to students enrolled in an eight week course. Check it out at http://literaryduck.uoduckstore.com/SiteText.aspx?id=10457.
To get started with your textbook orders, check out the UO Duckstore website at http://literaryduck.uoduckstore.com/SelectTermDept.aspx.
UO Duckstore has Simplified the Price Comparison Process
If you’re looking to get the best price available, the UO Duckstore can help you with that as well. The UO Duckstore website has an actual “Price Comparison” site that will do this for you (with the exception of Craig’s list). Use the following link to shop for books from the UO Duckstore, compare prices with other online vendors, and then purchase your books from UO Duckstore, another online, or both: http://uo.verbacompare.com/.
This is particularly helpful for students who want to purchase some of their books from UO Duckstore and others from an online resource. Check it out. It’s a pretty slick resource!
Important! Be sure to order the correct edition of the book! Other versions may have different page numbering, assignments, etc., and may not line up with the one assigned by the instructor
Textbook Ordering Process through the UO Duckstore
The below instructions will assist you with finding your textbooks at The Duck Store. You will be able to take information from NCU’s website and use it on The Duck Store’s site to find the correct books for your classes.
- Be sure the correct term is selected. Then scroll down the list of departments/course ID’s to the N section (for NCU).
- Select either your Department(s) prefix/ID that starts with “N” or enter the Course ID#. If you choose to select your Department(s) prefix/ID, be sure to select all of the departments for your courses before moving on to #6.
- Click "Continue to Get Course Materials."
- Select your Course and Section. The Section is the gold highlighted number listed to the far right of the course title on the NCU Course Offerings page of the MyNCU website .
**Please note that the Section number will be listed with an N before the numbers at the UO Duck Store (i.e. Section 12345 will be listed as N12345).
- Click the “Continue to Get Course Materials” button located under the list of courses.
- Follow the prompts to either order your books online or print a booklist.
NOTE: You have the option to purchase your textbooks through UO Duckstore either online or in person at the bookstore. Or, if you prefer, use their easy price comparison tool to shop for cheaper prices on Amazon.com, eBay.com, etc. This tool does not compare Craig's List prices. Don't forget that you can also rent textbook through UO Duckstore. Book rental is ONLY available through UO Duckstore online and not in the store.