National Military Family Association: Military Spouse Scholarships
Scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate students whose spouse is a uniformed service member.
DEADLINE: General deadline: January 31, 2013
For more information and to apply please visit: http://www.militaryfamily.org/our-programs/military-spouse-scholarships/
Fisher House: Scholarships for Military Children
$1,500 scholarships are available to undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a dependent unmarried child under age 23 of active duty personnel, reserve/guard and retired military members, or survivors of service members who died while on active duty or survivors of individuals who died while receiving retired pay from the military
- Must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a full-time undergraduate degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university in the fall term of 2012Must also have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0
- Applicants should ensure that they, as well as their sponsor, are currently enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) database (or call 1-800-538-9552) and that they have a current dependent military ID card.
DEADLINE: February 22, 2013
For more information and applications please visit: http://www.militaryscholar.org/sfmc/index.html
Marine Corps Scholarships
Scholarships of $1,000 - $10,000 are available to undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be the son or daughter of an active duty or reserve U.S. Marine, a U.S. Marine who served at least 90 days and was honorably discharged, medically discharged, or killed while serving in the Marine Corp, an active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving or has served with the U.S. Marine Corp, or a U.S. Navy Corpman who has served with the U.S. Marine Corp and received an honorable discharge, medical discharge, or was killed while serving with the U.S. Navy.Applicant must be working to receive a bachelor's degree.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.Applicant's family must have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $90,000 or less. The AGI can be found on your Federal 1040 tax forms for the year prior to your application.
DEADLINE: March 1, 2013
For applications and additional information please visit http://www.mcsf.org.
VFW Scholarship: Scout of the Year Award
Scholarships of $1,000 - $5,000 are available to first time freshman who meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout Troop, Venturing Crew, or a Sea Scout Ship.
- Have received the Eagle Scout Award, Venture Silver Award, or Sea Scout Quartermaster Award.
- Has demonstrated practical citizenship in school, scouting, and the community.Is at least 15 years old.
- Must be enrolled in high school at the time of selection.
DEADLINE: March 1, 2013
For more information, applications, and instructions on how to apply please visit http://www.vfw.org/Community/Scout-of-the-Year-Scholarship/
Air Force Aid Society
General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant Program which provides $2000 grants to undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a dependent son or daughter of Air Force members in one of the following categories:
- Active Duty, Title 10 AGR/Reserve on extended active duty, and Title 32 AGR performing full-time active duty. All members must be on active duty through December 1, 2012 (all other Guard and Reserve are not eligible).
- Retired due to length of active duty service or disability, or retired AGR/Reserve with 20+ qualifying years creditable for retired pay (all others are not eligible).
- Deceased while on active duty or in retired status.
- Or a Spouse of Active Duty members and Title 10 AGR/Reservists on extended active duty. Member's active duty status must extend through December 1, 2012. Eligible spouses must be legally married to member (not separated or pending divorce) at time of application and disbursement of award.
- Or a surviving spouse of Air Force members who died while on active duty or in retired status.
- Must be enrolled or accepted in an accredited college, university or vocational/trade school approved by the U.S. Department of Education for participation in federal aid programs.
- Must maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 grading scale.
DEADLINE: March 8, 2013
For more information and application please visit: http://www.afas.org/education/ArnoldEdGrant.cfm
Scholarships of $3,400 each are available to undergradaute students who meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a high school senior or college student when they apply.
- Student must be a child or stepchild of a current or former member of the U.S. Navy Submarine Force.Student must be unmarried and under the age of 24 as of March 15, 2012.
- Student must be working towards a bachelor or arts or a bachelor of science degree.
DEADLINE: March 15, 2013
To apply and to receive additional information concerning eligibility please visit http://www.dolphinscholarship.org/.
Fisher House: Heroes’ Legacy Scholarships
Scholarships are available to undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a dependent unmarried child under age 23 of active duty personnel, Reserve/Guard and retired military members, or survivors of service members who died while on active duty and meet one of the following additional criteria:
- One of the parents died while serving on active duty on or after September 11, 2001 in any branch or component of the U. S. Armed Forces. OR
- One of the parents, while serving on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, became disabled - meaning that the parent qualified for receipt of Traumatic Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (TSGLI). OR
- One of the parents, who was on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, received a permanent and total compensation rating of 100% from the Department of Defense or Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Applicants must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, full-time in the fall of 2012 in an accredited U.S. college or university, or junior/community college. They must have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 basis).
DEADLINE: March 15, 2013
For more information and applications please visit: http://www.militaryscholar.org/legacy/index.html
Army Emergency Relief - James G. Ursano Scholarship
Scholarships are available to full-time undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- Be a dependant of an Army soldier on Federal active duty, a retiree, or a deceased active or retired soldier. Dependants are classified as being unmarried, under 23 for the entire academic year, and being registered in DEERS.
DEADLINE: May 1, 2013
Please visit http://www.aerhq.org/dnn563/EducationalAssistance/DependentChildren.aspx for applications and additional information.
AFCEA - General John A. Wickham Scholarship
$2,000 scholarships are available to undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled as sophomores or juniors at time of application.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater.
- Students must be majoring in mathematics, science education, or mathematics education.
- Distance learning and on-line programs will not qualify for this scholarship.
DEADLINE: May 1, 2013
Please visit:http://www.afcea.org/education/scholarships/undergraduate/STEMMajorScholarshipUndergrad.aspfor applications and additional information.
Navy Wives Clubs of America Scholarships
Up to 30 scholarships are granted annually to undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be the natural born, legally adopted or stepson or daughter of an Enlisted member of the Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard on active duty, or retired with pay or the son or daughter of a deceased member of these categories.
- Must have a valid dependent’s I. D. card (United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privileges Card).
- Must show basis of need for financial assistance,
- Must have a scholastic standing of at least a 2.5 grade point average (GPA), and be a graduate of an accredited high school or its equivalent or will qualify for graduation prior to beginning eligibility for assistance.
DEADLINE: May 30, 2013
For more information and applications please visit: http://www.navywivesclubsofamerica.org/scholarships/
VFW Scholarship: Voice of Democracy Scholarship
Scholarships ranging from $1,000 - $30,000 are available to first time freshman by recording and submitting a 3-5 minutes essay on this years topic.
DEADLINE: November 1, 2013
For more information and instructions on how to apply, please visit http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=cmty.leveld&did=150
Folds of Honor Foundation Scholarships
Scholarships are available to undergraduate students who are the spouse or a dependent of:
- An active duty or reserve soldier, sailor, airman, Marine or Coast Guardsman killed or disabled in the line of duty. OR
- An active duty or reserve soldier, sailor, airman, Marine or Coast Guardsman currently classified as a POW or MIA. OR
- A veteran who died or any cause after being classified as having a service-connected disability. OR
- A service member missing in action or captured by hostile forces in the line of duty. OR
- A service member forcibly detained or interned by a foreign power in the line of duty. OR
- A service member who received a Purple Heart Medal.
DEADLINE: For Spring 2013 scholarship: November 15, 2012
For more information and applications please visit: http://www.foldsofhonor.org/scholarships