The board of trustees is the policy-making and governing body of the University. On the basis of recommendations made by the president of the University, it establishes a course for the development of the total program of the University and fulfillment of its mission, and it strives to provide essential funds.
Significant representation on the Board must come from members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and Christian Churches/Churches of Christ associated with the Stone-Campbell heritage. Significant representation on the Board must also come from alumni (graduates or former students) of Northwest Christian University.
- Gary Jurden (Chair)
- Bob Hutchins (Vice Chair)
- Selene Petersen (Secretary)
- Clare Buhler (At-large)
- Sandy Park (At-large)
- Judy Van Scholten (At-large)
- Sid Voorhees (At-large)
- Clayton Walker (At-large)
- Clare Buhler, senior minister, Harrisburg Christian Church, Harrisburg, Ore.
- Jim Burge, chief of police, Roseburg, Ore.
- Kathleen Carr, owner & CEO, Front Door Business Services, Payette, Idaho
- Larry Coburn, consultant – Larry Coburn Consulting
- Susan Soon-keum Cox, vice president, policy & external affairs, Holt International, Eugene, Ore.
- Michelle Cross, vice president & general manager, Harvey & Price Mechanical Contractors, Eugene, Ore.
- Carol Cure, volunteer, Beaverton, Ore.
- Idong Ekwere, mortgage loan officer, Umpqua Bank, Eugene, Ore.
- Gene Hill, senior minister, Parkview Christian Church, Meridian, Idaho
- Bob Hutchins, senior vice president, D.A. Davidson & Co., Medford, Ore.
- Gary Jurden, senior financial advisor, Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., Eugene, Ore.
- Barry Lind, senior pastor, Northwood Christian Church, Springfield, Ore.
- Juanita Metzler, convention sales manager, Travel Lane County, Eugene, Ore.
- Sandy Park, Renewal Ministries assistant pastor, First Baptist Church, Eugene, Ore.
- Mike Petersen, advance scout, New Orleans Pelicans, Denton, Texas
- Selene Petersen, CPA/PFS, partner, Henry, Petersen, Berry & Quigley LLP, Eugene, Ore.
- John Richardson, senior minister, Columbia Christian Church, Vancouver, Wash.
- Mat Sand, president, TriSand Inc.
- Bruce Shelby, chief sales officer and co-founder, Continuant, West Linn, Ore.
- Gary Smith, retired senior minister, Boise, Idaho
- Joan Snow, HR/finance administrator, Sunset Presbyterian Church, Beaverton, Ore.
- Nat Stock, owner, Anaheim Woodworking Machinery, Stockwest Financial Services, La Jolla, Calif.
- Pat Turanski, co-founder, Glorybee
- Judy Van Scholten, volunteer, Eugene, Ore.
- Sid Voorhees, auctioneer, Eugene, Ore.
- Clayton Walker, real estate developer, Eugene, Ore.
- Joseph D. Womack, president, Northwest Christian University, Eugene, Ore.