The board of trustees is the policy-making and governing body of the University. On the basis of recommendations made by the president of the University, it establishes a course for the development of the total program of the University and fulfillment of its mission, and it strives to provide essential funds.
Significant representation on the Board must come from members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and Christian Churches/Churches of Christ associated with the Stone-Campbell heritage. Significant representation on the Board must also come from alumni (graduates or former students) of Northwest Christian University.
- Clare Buhler ’80 (Chair), senior minister, Harrisburg Christian Church, Harrisburg, Ore.
- Juanita Metzler ’94 (Secretary), convention sales manager, Travel Lane County, Eugene, Ore.
- Barry Lind ’84 (At-large), senior pastor, Northwood Christian Church, Springfield, Ore.
- Sandy Park (At-large), pastor of renewal ministries, First Baptist Church, Eugene, Ore.
- Sid Voorhees (At-large), owner (appraiser, auctioneer & real estate broker), Voorhees & Associates, Eugene, Ore.
- Clayton Walker (At-large), principal broker/real estate developer, C.W. Walker & Associates, LLC, Eugene, Ore.
- Jim Burge ‘96, retired chief of police, Roseburg, Ore.
- Kathleen Carr (’66-’68), owner & ceo, Front Door Business Services, Payette, Idaho
- Larry Coburn, consultant – Larry Coburn Consulting
- Susan Soon-keum Cox, vice president, policy & external affairs, Holt International, Eugene, Ore.
- Michelle Cross, vice president & general manager, Harvey & Price Mechanical Contractors, Eugene, Ore.
- Idong Ekwere, mortgage loan officer, Umpqua Bank, Eugene, Ore.
- Tim Haskell ’88, ceo, Haskell Valuation, Jefferson, Ore.
- Dan Hill, (’74-’76), sr. principal/architect, Arbor South Architecture, PC, Eugene, Ore.
- Gene Hill ‘75, executive director, Palo Verde College Foundation, Blythe, Calif.
- Bridget Baker Kincaid, president & executive director, Baker Family Foundation, Eugene, Ore.
- Mike Petersen ‘83, advance scout, New Orleans Pelicans, Denton, Texas
- Mat Sand ‘92, president, TriSand Inc.
- Bruce Shelby ‘84, chief sales officer and co-founder, Continuant, West Linn, Ore.
- Gary Smith ‘73, retired senior minister, Boise, Idaho
- Joan Snow (’71-‘73), HR/finance administrator, Sunset Presbyterian Church, Beaverton, Ore.
- Lisa Speers, owner, Sheppard Motors, Eugene, Ore.
- Nat Stock ‘73, owner, Anaheim Woodworking Machinery, Stockwest Financial Services, La Jolla, Calif.
- Pat Turanski, co-founder, Glorybee
- Kim Williams, co-managing member, McKay Investment Company, Eugene, Ore.
- Joseph D. Womack ‘89, president, Northwest Christian University, Eugene, Ore.