Disability is defined by the ADA as “a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities, a record of such an impairment or being regarded as having such an impairment.”
- The student must register with Accessibility Services by completing the Accessibility Services Request Form and supply appropriate documentation outlining the nature of the disability or condition and recommendations for accommodation. You may use the Release of Documentation Form to obtain appropriate documentation.
- In collaboration, the student and Accessibility Coordinator will draft a memo to each of the student’s professors that lists the reasonable accommodations.
- The student is responsible for delivering the memo to each professor in person.
- The student and professor should discuss the exact process for implementing them. The professor will sign the memo in agreement to the accommodations.
- The student must repeat the process each semester.
In order to request accommodations for a documented disability or condition, please contact Accessibility Services.
Please email email@example.com with further questions or to set up a consultation.