We value our partnerships with employers! We provide a variety of services to employers, including internship program development, job and internship postings, on-campus recruiting, and general information about the university. If you don’t see what you are looking for here, feel free to request more information.
POST A JOB OR INTERNSHIP
We invite you to join Handshake and begin posting jobs and internships for free! Handshake is a nationwide platform for recruiting. With one log-in, employers have the option to post jobs to multiple colleges and universities, including 14 Oregon schools. To learn more, visit the Handshake website. Contact us with any questions or concerns.
Complete the job posting request form, and we will create a profile and post the position for you.
Career Development personnel are available for consultation and assistance. We can help you establish internship programs, optimize job/internship postings, and provide additional career-related resources. Let us know how we can serve you. We look forward to partnering with you to create a smooth, mutually beneficial recruitment process.
Any recruiting on campus must be done with approval and permission from Career Development. View Recruiter Guidelines (PDF).
NCU Career Development offers several options for recruiting on-campus. Recruiters are welcome to:
- Host an information table in the student common area (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Conduct informational meetings and/or recruiter-hosted lunches
- Provide classroom presentations (by prior arrangement; content must align with course objectives and instructor approval)
As you identify and connect with qualified candidates from Northwest Christian University, you are invited to schedule interviews on-campus. We will work with you to coordinate dates and times, as well as reserve private office space to conduct interviews. Contact Career Development by phone to make arrangements.
Guest Speaker / Event Participation
Career Development coordinates a variety of events and programs throughout the year. We love to involve local employers as presenters, mock interviewers, panelists, and contacts for informational interviews. Workshop presentation and event opportunities are available. Please let us know if you would be interested in participating in any way.
HOST AN INTERNSHIP
In accordance with the vision, mission, and values of Northwest Christian University, an internship is designed to prepare students for a career in their chosen field by integrating their academic coursework with practical experience in a business, agency, or organization in the community.
WHAT is Internship?
National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) recommends the following definition:
“An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.”
WHY Participate in an Internship Program?
- Create a pipeline of talented individuals with experience.
- Energize your workforce with fresh talent and best practices.
- Invest in and shape future leaders and professionals.
WHAT Makes an Internship Meaningful?
NACE suggests the following criteria be met in order for an experience to qualify as an internship:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
If you are interested in becoming an internship partner, please contact Career Development for further information.
Northwest Christian University is a member of the following professional associations, adhering to and promoting their respective Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional Practice.
- National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
- Mountain Pacific Association of Colleges & Employers (MPACE)
- Call 541-684-7211
- Email the Office of Career Development