The online Bachelor of Science in Accounting is designed for working adults at the entry-level of accounting or management. The purpose of the program is to assist you in the study and integration of accounting theory and practice in a variety of organizations and industries.
To meet the needs of today’s challenging global economy, the online Accounting program integrates finance, economics, law, and ethics. Courses in business management and marketing are also included in the curriculum to provide students with a well-rounded education, strong ethical values, and a sound business perspective.
With six starts a year and 24/7 access to your courses, you are able to maintain balance in your life and stay in control of your busy schedule.
- Courses start every 8 weeks
- Prior college, law enforcement, military training, and more may be accepted for credit towards your degree
- Convenient online delivery or can be combined with limited face-to-face courses one night a week in our small classroom setting
- Benefit from highly qualified faculty
Graduates of the online Bachelor of Science in Accounting program will:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts and principles of Accounting.
2. Verify, organize, analyze and apply data and use quantitative decision-support tools to provide effective solutions to accounting problems.
3. Identify ethical issues and apply ethical principles and Christian values for organizational decision making.
4. Demonstrate effective professional communication skills.
Upon completion of the program, a variety of careers are available in both the private and public sectors. Listed below are just some examples of career paths open to students with accounting proficiency.
Professional CPA Firms (Auditing and/or Tax Services)
- Staff Accountant
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Treasury Department (Internal Revenue Service)
- Secret Service
- Central Intelligence Agency
- U.S. Postal Service
- Homeland Security
- Department of Defense
Corporate (Fashion, Food, Technology, Banking, Sports)
- Chief Financial Officer
- Tax Director
- Internal Auditor
- Personal Financial Planner
- Financial Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- Regulatory Compliance Officer
Not for Profit
- College Professor
- Compliance Analyst
- Budget Director
Recent graduates who have majored in accounting have obtained positions in the public accounting field, private corporations, educational and not-for-profit organizations. With accounting positions projected to grow at an annual rate of 29% over the next 4 or 5 years, there are plenty of opportunities available for the graduate with strong accounting, tax, finance, and business acumen. Strong regulatory requirements established by the United States Congress are projected to continue in the near future.
Prerequisites for the Major
Courses within the Major
Program Director: David Walsh, J.D.
J.D., University of Wisconsin
M.P.S., Cornell University
M.B.A., Alaska Pacific University
B.A., Loras College
David Walsh arrived at NCU in 2019. He comes to NCU from his most recent appointment as Executive in Residence at Columbia University Business School. Prior to his work at Columbia University, David served for ten years as President and CEO of Amalgamated