The Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) online program allows students to create plans of study that fit their interests and experience. Unlike traditional majors, which focus on one field of study, IDS students select three areas of interest to pursue. This allows students to integrate varied interests into their degree and/or utilize upper-division credits from previous institutions into a unique, self-designed major.
An academic advisor will help you tailor the IDS major to suit your individual interests and needs. The degree type (Bachelor of Arts of Bachelor of Science) is determined by the majority of the three selected fields of study. To finish the program, students engage in a senior internship or capstone project that incorporates each academic discipline.
Potential Areas of Study within the Interdisciplinary Studies Major
- Bible and Theology
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Forensic Psychology
- Teacher Education
This program can be completed entirely online or can be combined with limited face-to-face courses one night a week in our small classroom setting.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate holistic and creative thinking from a Christian worldview.
- Acquire a basic knowledge and understanding of each academic area that comprises the major.
- Read and think critically, write and speak clearly and persuasively, and conduct research effectively.
- Build the foundation to prepare for desired vocations or selected graduate programs.
- Pursue the goal of transformative leadership in their lives.
Program Director: Brian Mills, M.A.
M.A., Westminster Seminary California
B.A., University of Oregon
As Director of Assessment, I service the University as the chair of the program review committee and help the institution demonstrate all the ways NCU fulfills its calling as an institution of Christian higher education which includes its core themes and mission. I assist a variety of academic and administrative departments