The Interdisciplinary Studies online program features an innovative curriculum for adults to integrate their varied interests and/or upper division credits from previous institutions into a unique self-designed major. If you are intellectually adventurous, independently minded, and eager to participate in an exciting new program, Interdisciplinary Studies may be for you.
You will work with an advisor to design a course of study involving three academic disciplines plus have the option of an internship or capstone project. This program gives you the opportunity to pursue topics of study tailored to meet your individual interests and needs. The degree type (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science) will be determined by the majority of the three selected disciplines.
Potential Areas of Study within the Interdisciplinary Studies Major
- Bible and Theology
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Teacher Education
This program can be completed entirely online or can be combined with limited face-to-face courses one night a week in our small classroom setting.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate holistic and creative thinking from a Christian worldview.
- Acquire a basic knowledge and understanding of each academic area that comprises the major.
- Read and think critically, write and speak clearly and persuasively, and conduct research effectively.
- Build the foundation to prepare for desired vocations or selected graduate programs.
- Pursue the goal of transformative leadership in their lives.
Program Director: Brian Mills, M.A.
M.A., Westminster Seminary California
B.A., University of Oregon
As Director of Assessment, I service the University as the chair of the program review committee and help the institution demonstrate all the ways NCU fulfills its calling as an institution of Christian higher education which includes its core themes and mission. I assist a variety of academic and administrative departments