For current and future criminal justice and law enforcement professionals this program provides the opportunity to pursue topics of study tailored to meet your individual interests and needs. By improving your earning potential and employment choices you will come to better understand the American justice system, including the integration of theory with the day-to-day practical realities.
The Criminal Justice concentration within the Interdisciplinary Studies major gives you the ability to earn a bachelor’s degree from nearly any location with internet service while still maintaining a family, career, and commitments to your community.
With six starts a year and 24/7 access to your courses, you are able to maintain balance in your life and stay in control of your busy schedule.
- Courses start every 8 weeks
- Prior college, law enforcement, military training, and more may be accepted for credit towards your degree
- Convenient online delivery
- Benefit from highly qualified faculty
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the American criminal justice system and the legal, theoretical, and public policy issues that are relevant to it.
- Be equipped to apply ethical decision making processes in the criminal justice arena.
- Demonstrate familiarity with current research across sub-disciplines in criminal justice.
- Demonstrate an ethical, global, and socially just view of criminal justice.
This program will give you a competitive edge for both entry-level positions and advancement opportunities in public agencies, private firms, and other businesses related to the criminal justice field, including:
State & Local Law Enforcement
- Police Officer
- Deputy Sheriff
Federal Law Enforcement
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Agent
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Agents
- Correctional Officer
- Parole/Probation Officer
- Court Clerk
Private Security & Business
- Insurance Investigator
- Security Analysis