Transfer Credits

Students from many different backgrounds transfer to Northwest Christian University each year. We are eager to welcome you to our academic community and help you move forward in your college career.

Once the application for admission and all transcripts have been received a free evaluation of your transcripts will be prepared. The evaluation allows you to see how many transfer credits will be accepted from other institutions and what NCU general education requirements are satisfied by your previous courses.

Credit is granted only for college-level coursework with a grade C- or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Credit transfer is considered on a case-by-case basis for courses from institutions that do not meet this requirement. A minimum of 30-semester credits must be completed at NCU to receive a Bachelor’s degree.

Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree (AAOT)

The Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree (AAOT) satisfies all NCU general education requirements with the exception of Bible and Christian Theology requirements as well as any prerequisites needed for a major.

Articulation Agreements

An articulation agreement is a contract between institutions as to which courses transfer between them. One of the most important parts of the transfer process is reviewing courses at each school to determine which are comparable and applicable for transfer. Articulation agreements will help you make the most efficient use of your time and money spent on courses. If you have questions regarding articulation agreements or transfer of credit, please contact the Office of Admissions at 541-684-7343 or

NCU holds these agreements with the following schools and organizations…

Central Oregon Community College – AAS Nursing

Chemeketa Community College – AAS Nursing

Klamath Community College – General Education

Lane Community College – AAS Business Management; AAS Human Services; AAS NursingGeneral Education; Psychology EquivalenciesTeacher Education Prerequisite Equivalencies

Linn-Benton Community College – AAS Nursing

Mt. Hood Community College – AAS Nursing

Portland Community College – AAS Nursing

Samaritan Health Services –  Critical Care Internship

Southwestern Oregon Community College – AAS Nursing

Sumner College – ADN (Nursing)

Treasure Valley Community College – AAS Nursing

Umpqua Community College

Military Training

Based on your military experiences and training, you may have college credit recommendations to apply toward a degree requirement or program of study. The first step in the process is to request a copy of your military transcript. For more information on requesting military transcripts, click here.

Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST)

Students who have received training through Oregon’s Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) may be eligible to receive college credit. There is no set maximum on the amount of credit accepted, but all accepted credits must fulfill graduation requirements. DPSST training records should be sent to an Enrollment Advisor for evaluation.

AP & CLEP Credits

Advanced Placement (AP) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores are accepted for credit by Northwest Christian University. Please review the table below and submit scores to the Office of Admissions.

AP Credits

CLEP Scores

For questions regarding transfer credit please contact the Office of Admissions at 541-684-7343 or