The online MBA at Northwest Christian University is designed for professionals seeking to expand their knowledge and increase their career opportunities. This program is offered in a Christian context that champions wisdom, faith, and service.
Complete your MBA in as little as 12 months while you learn and grow under the guidance of faculty with rich, real-world experience. NCU’s online MBA program allows working adults to study anytime from anywhere, giving you the flexibility needed to fit school into an already hectic schedule.
NCU’s online MBA is not like other programs because you get to customize your education. You will choose from two concentrations which allow you to focus on the subject matter that is important to you. Concentrations available are:
- Non-Profit Leadership
This 36 credit program is offered entirely online to help you balance the pursuit of your degree with all of the other priorities that compete with your time. The online MBA at NCU is a flexible program that can be completed in 12 or 24 months and with six starts a year you can start pursuing your degree when it works best with your schedule.
NCU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). In addition, the online MBA program has specialized accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
NCU’s online MBA program has been ranked third in Oregon by Online MBA Today, a comprehensive resource for students seeking an MBA online.
Upon completion of the online MBA program, candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the core principles and concepts related to business administration;
- Effective communication, both written and oral, relative to different business environments and situations;
- A knowledge and understanding of the role of Christian leadership, ethics, and service in effectively addressing business management issues and decisions;
- Literacy regarding current management trends through the use of leading business information sources, current publications, and other available audio-video, online, or in-text resources;
- An ability to integrate all aspects of their learning, understanding, knowledge, and skills concerning business.
- A free application for admission.
- Official transcripts showing a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (if the applicant’s grade point average falls below a 3.0, then he/she may submit a one-page statement of purpose to the Admissions Committee explaining the situation and reasons for admission consideration).
- A 500-word essay (double-spaced) showing skills in written communication, addressing how an MBA relates to the student’s personal and professional goals.
- A resume detailing business/management experience.
- A minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL (213 on the computer TOEFL or an 80 on internet-based TOEFL) for applicants from non-English speaking countries.
All application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to the start of coursework.
Tuition and Aid
2018-19 COST OF ATTENDANCE
Tuition: $695/credit which includes eTextbooks.
At NCU, we know financial aid inside and out and can help you apply for and receive the best financial aid package available. For more information regarding financial aid, click here.
Courses within the Program
Non-Profit Leadership Concentration
Program Director: Peter Diffenderfer, Ph.D.
Ph.D., University of Oregon
M.A., University of Oregon
B.S., SUNY Cortland
In addition to a wide variety of business experience, Dr. Peter Diffenderfer has taught in higher education for over 25 years. Dr. Diffenderfer has a passion for promoting stewardship through transformation which is rooted in his personal relationship with Jesus Christ. His entrepreneurial endeavors include founding and