Northwest Christian University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Leadership is designed for seasoned leaders and aspiring leaders to engage with principles of best practice, to sharpen their own self-understanding as leaders, and to sharpen their skill set for more effective leadership in the groups and organizations where they serve. The program builds upon the strengths of NCU’s own senior leadership team.
NCU’s online Master of Arts in Leadership is not like other programs because you get to customize your education. You will choose from four concentrations which allow you to focus on the subject matter that is important to you. Concentrations available are:
- Business Administration
- Church Leadership
- Higher Education Leadership
NCU is in the business of developing leaders. Complete your graduate degree at a university with over 120 years of preparing Christian leaders for service. Since 1895, we’ve provided a top-quality education for students. NCU provides a transformational educational experience that champions wisdom, faith and service, providing graduates with superb career preparation within a Christ-centered environment.
This 36 credit program is offered entirely online to help you balance the pursuit of your degree with all of the other priorities that compete with your time. The online Master of Arts in Leadership at NCU is a flexible program that can be completed in 12 or 24 months and with six starts a year you can start pursuing your degree when it works best with your schedule.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Leadership program, candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Facilitate personal growth and leadership effectiveness
- Integrate wisdom, faith, and service in the leadership of complex organizations
- Impact positive change and empower mission fulfillment
- Nurture, mentor, develop leadership skills in other members of the organization
- Navigate complex social & cultural systems on a local and global spectrum
- Practice principled stewardship of organizational resources (people & systems)
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports on average professionals with a master’s degree earn close to $12,000 more a year than those with a bachelor’s degree. Some of the career opportunities that may be available to you:
- A free application for admission.
- Official transcripts showing a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (if the applicant’s grade point average falls below a 3.0, then he/she may submit a one-page statement of purpose to the Admissions Committee explaining the situation and reasons for admission consideration).
- A 500-word essay (double-spaced) showing skills in written communication, addressing how the online Master of Arts in Leadership relates to student’s personal and professional goals.
- A resume detailing leadership/management experience.
All application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to the start of coursework.
TUITION AND AID
2018-19 COST OF ATTENDANCE
Tuition: $600/credit which includes eTextbooks
At NCU, we know financial aid inside and out and can help you apply for and receive the best financial aid package available. For more information regarding financial aid, click here.
Courses within the Program
Business Administration Concentration
Church Leadership Concentration
Higher Education Concentration
Program Director: Dennis Lindsay, Dr. Theol.
Dr. Theology, Everhard-Karls Universitat
M.A., University of Illinois
M.A., Lincoln Christian Seminary
B.A., Lincoln Christian College
Dr. Dennis Lindsay came to Northwest Christian University in 2000 as an associate professor and chair of the Biblical studies department. He became the associate dean of arts and sciences in 2003 and was named vice president for academic affairs and