Northwest Christian University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Leadership is designed for seasoned leaders and aspiring leaders to engage with principles of best practice, to sharpen their own self-understanding as leaders, and to sharpen their skill set for more effective leadership in the groups and organizations where they serve. Complete your M.A. in Leadership in as little as 12 months while you learn and grow under the guidance of faculty with rich, real-world experience.
NCU’s online M.A. in Leadership is not like other programs because you get to customize your education. You will choose from four concentrations which allow you to focus on the subject matter that is important to you. Concentrations available are:
- Business Administration
- Church Leadership
- Higher Education Leadership
NCU has over 120 years of preparing Christian leaders for service. Since 1895, we’ve provided a top-quality education for students. NCU provides a transformational educational experience that champions wisdom, faith and service, providing graduates with superb career preparation within a Christ-centered environment.
- 6 starts per year
- No GRE or GMAT required
- 8 week courses
- 100% online
This 36 credit program is offered entirely online to help you balance the pursuit of your degree with all of the other priorities that compete with your time. The online Master of Arts in Leadership at NCU is a flexible program that can be completed in 12 or 24 months and with six starts a year you can start pursuing your degree when it works best with your schedule.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Leadership program, candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Facilitate personal growth and leadership effectiveness
- Integrate wisdom, faith, and service in the leadership of complex organizations
- Impact positive change and empower mission fulfillment
- Nurture, mentor, develop leadership skills in other members of the organization
- Navigate complex social & cultural systems on a local and global spectrum
- Practice principled stewardship of organizational resources (people & systems)
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports on average professionals with a master’s degree earn close to $12,000 more a year than those with a bachelor’s degree. Some of the career opportunities that may be available to you:
- A free application for admission.
- Official transcripts showing a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (if the applicant’s grade point average falls below a 3.0, then he/she may submit a one-page statement of purpose to the Admissions Committee explaining the situation and reasons for admission consideration).
- A 500-word essay (double-spaced) showing skills in written communication, addressing how the online Master of Arts in Leadership relates to student’s personal and professional goals.
- A resume detailing leadership/management experience.
All application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to the start of coursework.
Questions about the admission process?
Assistant Director of Admission
Text Only: 541-238-9385
TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
2018-19 COST OF ATTENDANCE
Tuition: $600/credit which includes eTextbooks.
Total credits in program: 36
Total program cost: $21,600
No added fees!
Financial Aid Information
At NCU, we know financial aid inside and out and can help you apply for and receive the best financial aid package available.
Veteran Benefit Information
NCU is approved by the Oregon Department of Education and the Department of Veteran Affairs for educating students who are eligible for VA educational benefits. You can begin receiving your educational benefits in just a few, simple steps!