Take the next step in your career and earn a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree in as little as 18 months by doing one course every 8 weeks, 100% online. Our online MSN program allows you to pursue your education without sacrificing your personal and professional commitments.
In this program, you’ll learn from experienced nurse educators who are experts in their field. Choose from two concentrations:
- Nurse Leadership in Health Sytems
- Nursing Education
Nurse Leadership in Health Systems
The online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a concentration in Nurse Leadership in Health Systems prepares you for leadership roles across a variety of healthcare settings. Coursework will prepare you with advanced knowledge related to leadership, communication, health care systems and finances. You will learn how to lead the next generation of nurses, influence the quality of patient care, innovate healthcare practices, and advance your career. You will apply this knowledge and hone skills during several different clinical practice experiences. Graduates of Northwest Christian University’s online MSN will be well positioned for many nurse leadership roles such as:
- Director of Nursing
- Department Director or Manager
- Nursing Supervisor
- Nurse or Health Care Administrator
The online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a concentration in Nursing Education prepares you to teach in academic, healthcare organizations, and other clinical settings. Coursework focuses on current trends, philosophical foundations and theoretical perspectives of education, methods for assessing learning outcomes, managing the learning environment, and curriculum development.
The Nursing Education concentration includes a supervised teaching practicum in a classroom, online, or clinical setting. In this course, students also design, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive, evidence-based teaching and learning project.
This program can be completed entirely online allowing busy professionals to keep a healthy work, life, and school balance. This program is designed to allow you to study anytime from anywhere, providing you the flexibility to arrange your studies around your own schedule.
|Nurse Leadership in Health Systems||Nursing Education
|Credit Hours||30 Credits||Credit Hours||36 Credits|
|Program Length||18 months||Program Length||24 months|
|Delivery Method||Online||Delivery Method||Online|
The NCU Difference:
- 30+ years experience educating busy, working adults.
- Coursework delivered 100% online.
- Project-based practice experiences.
- Program prepares students for graduate education.
- Business Partnership Scholarships available for tuition assistance.
Mission of the MSN Program
The mission of the nursing program, as an integral part of Northwest Christian University, is to respond to the higher educational and healthcare needs of our culturally diverse communities. We prepare ethical nurse leaders to lead the way toward continuous improvement in evidence-based healthcare within their complex workplace as well as local and global communities. We embrace NCU’s mission to foster wisdom, faith, and service through excellent academic programs grounded in the arts and sciences that demonstrate compassion and respect toward all people served.
purpose of the msn program
The purpose of the online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is to prepare baccalaureate nurses to:
- Assume a nurse leadership or educator role within a variety of healthcare systems and educational settings.
- Influence delivery of high quality evidence-based collaborative healthcare and nursing education.
- Use ethical discernment, systems thinking, and critical thinking to improve delivery of healthcare and nursing educational programs as well as improve nursing knowledge, care, and practice.
- Pursue certification as a nurse leader or nurse educator
- Continue study at the doctorate level.
- A FREE application for admission.
- Official transcripts showing completion of a bachelor of science in nursing degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- If you don’t have your BSN, check out NCU’s RN to MSN Bridge program.
- An active, unencumbered RN license.
Tuition and Financial Aid
2018-19 COST OF ATTENDANCE
At NCU, we know financial aid inside and out and can help you apply for and receive the best financial aid package available. For more information regarding financial aid, click here.
Northwest Christian University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program at Northwest Christian University is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
Nurse Leadership Concentration Courses
Nursing Education Concentration Courses
SIGMA PI DELTA, NURSING HONOR SOCIETY
Program Director: Linda Veltri, Ph.D., RN
Ph.D. University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
MSN Gonzaga University
BSN Whitworth College
BA Whitworth College
Dr. Veltri arrived at NCU in 2016. She teaches within the RN to BSN and MSN programs and serves as the Director of Nursing. She completed her bachelor of science in nursing at Whitworth College in 1996. Her area of clinical expertise is maternal-newborn nursing