Play a pivotal role in strengthening the nursing workforce, serving as a role model and providing the leadership needed to implement evidence-based practice.
NCU’s Post-Master’s Nursing Education Certificate prepares nurses for teaching roles in various clinical and/or academic settings. Building on skills and knowledge obtained in a master’s program, this certificate signifies a nurse educator’s readiness to train the next generation of nurse professionals.
Complete your Post-Master’s Nursing Education Certificate online in just 12 months by taking one 8-week course at a time.
Purpose of the Post-Master’s Nursing Education Certificate
The purpose of this certificate is to prepare nurses to:
- Assume a nurse educator role within a school of nursing or staff educator role within a variety of health care organizations and settings.
- Utilize best practice to deliver high quality, evidence-based, theory-guided teaching and learning experiences in a variety of educational environments including face-to-face, e-learning and blended formats, simulation, and the clinical setting.
- Pursue certification as a Nurse Educator.
Post-Master’s in Nursing Education Certificate Objectives
Graduates of this program will be able to*:
- Integrate theoretical perspectives, instructional technologies, nursing, and related sciences into practice as a nurse or staff educator.
- Use research outcomes from nursing and other disciplines to inform teaching practices.
- Apply knowledge of instructional and other technologies to influence content, design, and delivery of education to patients, health care providers, and nursing students across a variety of educational settings.
- Integrate and foster evidence-based educational practices, personal and professional growth of oneself and others to advance nursing education.
*Note: In order to teach in the state of Oregon, registered nurses must complete a minimum of two years of clinical experience.
The Post-Master’s Nursing Education Certificate can be completed entirely online allowing busy professionals to keep a healthy work, life, and school balance. This program is designed to allow you to study anytime from anywhere, providing you the flexibility to arrange your studies around your own schedule.
Program at a Glance
|Program Length||12 months|
Cost per Credit
|New cohort begins every Summer semester|
Tuition & financial aid
2020-21 Post-Master’s in Nursing Education Certificate Tuition
Total program cost: $9,450*
No added fees.
*Tuition rates are subject to change
At NCU, we know financial aid inside and out and can help you apply for and receive the best financial aid package available.
Veteran Benefit Information
NCU is approved by the Oregon Department of Education and the Department of Veteran Affairs for educating students who are eligible for VA educational benefits. You can begin receiving your educational benefits in just a few, simple steps!
Program Director: Linda Veltri, Ph.D., RN
Ph.D. University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
MSN Gonzaga University
BSN Whitworth College
BA Whitworth College
Dr. Veltri arrived at NCU in 2016. She serves as the Associate Dean of Nursing and teaches within the RN to BSN and MSN programs. She completed her bachelor of science in nursing at Whitworth College in 1996. Her area of clinical expertise is maternal-newborn