Northwest Christian University partners with the University of Oregon to offer Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC). Complete your bachelor’s degree of choice at NCU while taking military science courses just across the street at the University of Oregon. This college program teaches students leadership theory as well as practical skills. Students learn the importance of teamwork and how to work together in various real-life situations. The end result is a Commission as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. An ROTC commission will allow you to serve on Active Duty, in the National Guard or Army Reserve with leadership training and experiences that prepare you for a successful career after college.
ROTC Benefits & Opportunities
- An opportunity to gain both a Commission as a Second Lieutenant and a college degree
- Hands-on management and leadership training
- Opportunities to attend Airborne School, Air Assault School, Cadet Field Training at the U.S. Military Academy, as well as Northern or Mountain Warfare Training
- Ranger Challenge – A fun and challenging team competition against other ROTC programs
- Physical Training – The best way to stay in shape throughout college, and a great way to meet new people
- Cadet Recreation Term Events – each term the Cadets host a trip and/or event for all Cadets participating in the program such as skiing, rafting, or going to the trampoline park
- Rappelling – Learn the basic skills of ropes and knots, then put it all to use by rappelling off a 90 ft. dam.
- Leadership Development Lab – learn valuable leadership skills and Army training combined in one class every other week
- Leadership Development Exercise – put all of the things you’ve learned in class to use in a fun practical exercise
Army ROTC Options
- Scholarships for After High School Graduation
This option gives High School Students the opportunity to attend college on a full scholarship.
- NCU Students
- Attend Military Science Classes via the University of Oregon’s Community Education Program
- On-campus Scholarships
At NCU already? Join ROTC and compete for a 2 or 3 year scholarship
- Cadet Basic Course (CBC)
Already a sophomore?Earn money this summer and return ready to be a junior in ROTC.
- Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
Join the National Guard and have them pay 100% tuition, while working to be an Army Office through ROTC!
- Non-Scholarship Contract
Not worried about money? Join ROTC without a scholarship and owe the Army less time with your commission.
For more information, contact NCU’s admissions team at email@example.com or 877-463-6622.