Learn Software Design and Development with a computer science Degree
Technology is transforming our world. In this quickly changing landscape, opportunities are endless for people with advanced technological skills.
The B.S. in Computer Science program with a concentration in Software Engineering will serve as a springboard into a variety careers by offering both the fundamental principles of programming and development as well as a corresponding knowledge of software development, methodology, best-practices, problem solving, and strategic thinking.
With hands-on, pragmatic courses covering industry needs and real-world scenarios, students will be immediately ready to make contributions to the organizations they join. The program aims to prepare students to launch into careers in technology with purpose and passion, enabling students to navigate the technology landscape, continue lifelong learning and become leaders within their organizations.
why choose computer science at NCU
In addition to its strong curriculum and biblical integration, NCU’s computer science program offers several key advantages:
- Small class sizes that give you an opportunity to interact with your professors, who have extensive, practical experience.
- Graduates report feeling well prepared for computer science-related careers, which are among the best-paid, highest-satisfaction and fastest-growing occupations.
- NCU’s location in Eugene, Oregon is ideal for internships and job opportunities.
- Count on the ongoing support of dedicated academic and career advisors specialized in your area of study.
Examples of software development jobs include:
- Software and Systems Architect
- Software and System Engineer
- App Developer
- Game Developer
- Software Programmer, Developer, and Tester
- Requirements Engineer
- Project Leader
- Senior Computer Applications Engineer
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for software developers in 2018 was $105,590 per year.
With increasing demand for new applications on mobile devices and tablets, the software development field is growing rapidly. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, software development positions are expected to grow 21% from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations.