Transfer Students

Students from many different colleges and universities transfer to Northwest Christian University each year. We are eager to welcome you to our academic community and help you move forward in your college career.


The announcement that Concordia University would close came suddenly and as a surprise to many. We are committed to supporting the Concordia community during this transition and would like to help you complete your degree. Our staff is here to help you finish what you started. We’ll do everything we can to make transferring to NCU as easy as possible.

Am I a Transfer student?

Transfer students are students who wish to transfer to NCU and have earned a high school diploma or equivalent but also have attended other institutions of higher learning.

Students with 24-semester credits (36 quarter credits) need to submit an application and official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges or universities in order to transfer into NCU. Students must have earned a 2.25 transferable GPA to meet admission requirements.

Students with fewer than 24-semesters (36 quarter) credits must also submit final High School transcripts and official SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admission.

Transcript Evaluation & Credit Transfer

Once the application for admissions and all transcripts have received an evaluation of your transcripts will be prepared. The evaluation allows you to see how many credits will transfer in and what NCU general education requirements are satisfied by your previous courses.

Credit is granted only for college-level coursework with a grade C- or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Credit transfer is considered on a case-by-case basis for courses from institutions that do not meet this requirement.

The Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree (AAOT) satisfies all Northwest Christian University general education requirements with the exception of Bible and Christian Theology and chapel requirements.

You must complete a minimum of 30-semester credits at NCU to receive a Bachelor’s degree.

Articulation Agreements

An articulation agreement is a contract between schools as to which courses transfer between them. One of the most important parts of the transfer process is reviewing courses at each school to determine which are comparable and applicable for transfer. Articulation agreements will help you make the most efficient use of your time and money spent on courses. If you have questions regarding articulation agreements or transfer of credit, please contact the Office of Admissions at 541-684-7201 or

NCU holds these agreements with the following schools…

Klamath Community College
Lane Community College – AAS Business Management; AAS Human Services; Psychology Equivalents; Teacher Education Prerequisite Equivalents
Umpqua Community College – Teacher Education Prerequisite Equivalents

Transfer Guides

Transfer guides are a more informal tool, not an official agreement, available if you are looking for guidance as to which courses you can take elsewhere and successfully transfer to NCU.

Transfer guides are available for the following schools…

Chemeketa Community College
Linn-Benton Community College
Portland Community College
Southwestern Oregon Community College